According to eastern philosophy, spring is the most auspicious season to shift your surrounding energy by releasing all that no longer serves you and allowing the new vibrant energy to flow freely within and around your space. This is most effective when it’s achieved on all energetic levels of Being; emotionally, mentally, physically and environmentally. It’s the releasing of your past and excess baggage while simultaneously, sowing and nurturing your seeds of desire with specific goals and intentions for your present and future experiences. This is you energetically co-creating your overall desired vision and Living the Life of YOUR Dreams with purpose and passion.
Many of us have a tendency to clutter, or to hold onto EVERYTHING to the point of creating both tangible and intangible forms of energetic blockages. By doing this, we are vibrationally reflecting out to the Universe a sense of being overwhelmed, feeling stuck, no longer having control or can keep up, it says you are no longer appreciative of what you have or where you are, you experience feelings of boredom, addictions, or depression, and energetically you begin obstructing the vibrational flow of ease for anything new to come in.
The Universe does not have a sense of humor, as there are no shades of gray when it comes to energy. There is only light and darkness, and in each moment of every day we are contributing to one or the other. We are either contributing to the highest good of all in light; which is cleanliness and organization, health, love, peace, prosperity, creative expression, laughter and joy. Or we are contributing to the lowest energy of all in shadow or darkness; which is clutter and disarray, poverty, famine, illness, war, separation, and fear. De-cluttering your space is a great way to increase your vibrational energy both personally and environmentally for your cherished good, and collectively for the highest-good of ALL, as ultimately we are all ONE.
Here are a few things you can do to shift your personal energy and the energy around you …
Raising your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energy can be achieved by:
- Take a swim in the ocean or a salt water bath. A great recipe to cleanse your aura and detoxify your body of toxins and impurities is by mixing 1 pound of Baking Soda and 1 pound of Epson Salt in equal parts and soaking for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to drink plenty of water afterwards to rehydrate your body.
- Walking barefoot in the grass or hugging a tree. Incorporating plants and fresh cut flowers throughout your space especially, those from your garden offer the highest vibrational energy.
- Juicing, eating fresh fruits and vegetables (whenever possible from your own geographical area) and drinking 6-8 oz glasses of water daily.
- Meditating, yoga, stretching, exercising, walking, dancing, getting a full body massage and pampering yourself on a regular basis.
- Implementing your creative expression through writing, singing, playing an instrument, painting, drawing, photography, gardening, sewing or other creative avenues.
- Speaking only kindness to yourself and others. Seeing yourself in the highest light. Believing in yourself. Offering forgiveness to yourself and others. Loving yourself and being good to yourself on all levels of Being.
- Expanding your inner-circle by connecting and collaborating with other like-minded and heart centered people.
Raising the vibrational energy of your environment (your home, office and vehicles) can be achieved by:
- Removing: If you don’t use it then consider selling it, donating it or giving it away. Only keep the items you absolutely love.
- Organizing: Organize each room and create functional spaces starting with your closets, drawers, cabinets and storage areas.
- Cleansing: Your space from top to bottom. Steam clean your carpets, drapery and soft furniture. Put a fresh coat of paint on the walls.
- Clearing: Your space by belling and smudging. Incorporate the natural elements of water, fire, plants, fresh cut flowers, rocks and stones. Implement fung shui principles.
May you enjoy the benefits of your spring cleaning projects knowing, that it will raise your vibrational energy and put you more into alignment of Living the Life of YOUR Dreams with purpose and passion! Namaste’
Published in the Spring, 2014 Issue
SIMPLE STEPS REAL CHANGE MAGAZINE
I start spring cleaning in January, right after the holidays. Cleaning, and clearing my space of things that I no longer need, or use, is a more mindful practice than ever before. Thank you.
I am still working on decluttering my home. It is a long process, but well worth it. There are people out there in need who are appreciative of even two or three cups that don’t match, three or four forks that don’t match, or luggage that is outdated for us, but is useful for them. Remember Stacey said, in the Peace Love Wings® Mind, Body, Spirit Practitioner and Facilitator Certification Program, to bless the things you are giving away and know that they are going to people who are in desperate need for anything. We are giving away what no longer serves us for the greater good!
Our family has had a tradition of sweeping the house from front to back first thing on New Years day. Everyone had a front and back door then. You would open both doors and sweep all negative energy out of the home. Chanting a be gone phrase that resonated while inviting all positive energy in. It was refreshing and revitalizing for everyone and the home. Today most people live in apartments or condos. You could achieve the same effect with open windows. Cleansing space in any form is so very important.
Kefi, Ai-Chieh Huang
Spring Cleaning is a big and important project for the families in the East, where I’m from.
Thank you for sharing all these practical tips and information, dear Dr. Maxwell.
I get benefits from all of these points.
I’m a big believer in cleansing and clearing; it helps abundance flow. Thank you, Dr. Maxwell!
I just completed a major clean out. I have so many wonderful things ready to donate to Dress for Success. I feel so much lighter and free as a result of removing things I’m no longer using.
Because of YOU, I have implemented more of these practices in my cherished life. I am forever grateful for YOU!
Dr. Maxwell, Great ideas!!
I just had a massage treatment today and already feel re-energized. Thanks for the great article, Dr.Maxwell!
Great ideas! This works best when we simultaneously “clear” out our old patterns and responses that are no longer bringing us the reactions and feedback that we desire.
All are EXCELLENT points Stacey … I especially like the salt water bath idea!
Great advice and reminders ~ Thank you!
I’m pretty good at taking regular salt baths, walking barefoot, juicing every morning, yoga on a regular basis but I need to find a hobby to express myself and be creative.
I am fortunate to have amazing heart-centered people around me. I do need to dedicate a weekend to deep cleanse my apartment, clean the closets and make a donation to the local homeless shelter. I do my best to smudge monthly at least but it will be much more effective after I remove the clutter, dirt and items I no longer use.
Much gratitude for the reminders!!!
Great article!! Thank you so much for sharing.
In order for the QI work I do, I find the placement of everything within the area is essential for energy flow.
The process I use is to let go of my body and let the energy move me and I find me having the ability to freely move through the home and have access to the flow in any room is quite helpful.
I find the more cluttered the space the more difficult it is to maintain a steady flow.
This article really helped me battle the Winter Blahs. It’s worse now that Spring appears one day and then Winter comes back the following day.
Each day I did a little of what your article suggested and I felt so much better. Thank you so much for sharing!
I LOVE these!! I’m so excited to take our winter getaway’s healing properties with the ocean back home with me and spoil myself in a saltwater bath, hug a tree and walk barefoot in the grass … and not to mention the SPRING CLEANING projects of cleansing, purging and organizing!! Starting with our motorhome!!
Thank you so much for these great tips!!
GREAT article and tips Dr. Maxwell.
I just tweeted this, it’s worth the share. I’m a big Louise Hay fan too. Your tips for walking barefoot in the grass and juicing are two of my favorites. I LOVE all of the others too, but people will have to read your article to find them out! Stay warm this weekend – Brrrr.
Great advice, Stacey ~ and I enjoyed tidying my office this morning! It feels so much better!